On last week’s airing of Glenn Beck’s radio show, O’Reilly confirmed again that he has a tape of a lawyer offering $200,000 to a woman if she filed sexual harassment claims against then-presidential candidate Trump.
This story first appeared back in October, and in light of the latest round of Trump accusers, has come to the surface again.
Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly has revealed to Newsmax new details of what he said was “shocking” efforts to attack President Trump’s reputation.
O’Reilly says his information also raises serious questions about the motives behind new allegations that have been made against him.
O’Reilly told Newsmax on Monday that investigators working for him had uncovered an audio recording of “an anti-Trump attorney” offering an unidentified woman $200,000 to file sexual harassment charges against then-presidential candidate Donald J. Trump.
“It exists,” O’Reilly said. “We have urged the person who has the tape to hand it over to the U.S. attorney, because my investigative team believes there are three separate crimes on the audio tape.”
O’Reilly tells Newsmax his attorneys have listened to the tape. O’Reilly stated he is not in possession of the recording, but the conversation is believed to have taken place before last year’s presidential election.
“It’s related to my situation,” O’Reilly insists, “and when the tape emerges, you will see why. I can’t say any more than that, but it is related to my situation.”
After a controversial 2005 Access Hollywood tape was leaked last October that recorded Trump boasting about groping or kissing women, several women stepped forward to claim the billionaire had engaged in inappropriate activity with them. None were former employees and none claimed Trump engaged in physical coercion.
Trump has brushed off allegations, including a recent court subpoena from one woman.
“All I can say is it’s totally fake news – just fake,” declared Trump last week. “It’s fake, it’s made up stuff. And it’s disgraceful what happens.”
The issue of sexual harassment has received renewed attention in the wake of revelations Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein had engaged in predatory actions against women, with some claiming he had raped them.
The New York Times reported Saturday that O’Reilly reached a $32 million settlement this past January with former Fox News legal analyst Lis Wiehl, after she apparently reported claims of unwanted sexual advances and harassment.